There’s loads of research that says children who attend high quality Early Learning and Childcare (ELC) develop faster. The calming and positive influence that ELC offers in fun, friendly and safe environments can help little minds and bodies grow.
And give parents some well-earned time to focus on other things, like training, study or work, recharging your batteries - or just getting other things done!.
The big benefits for little people
That first time your wee one’s in a nursery or with a childminder can be a challenge for both of you. But it can also be the best decision for everyone. A new environment with new faces and new experiences can be just what your child needs to help them learn and become more confident. They’ll come back each day full of excitement and desperate to tell you what they made, learned and ate!
ELC child benefits in a nutshell
- Improving language and social skills
- Encouraging your child to learn through play with other children
- It gets them started on their learning journey with benefits that they take forward into school
- There's a wide range of experiences to excite and delight them
- Playing with other children encourages your child to be physically active
- Your child can take the lead in their own learning and go at their own pace.
The big benefits for big people
The time your child spends there having fun and learning can be massively useful to mums, dads and carers. Just having some time out and the chance to catch your breath can be reason enough. A few hours can give you the chance to do some work, shopping, or just get essential stuff done.
ELC wins for parents:
- It gives parents the time to train, study or work
- Provides more time during the day to get other things done
- It offers parents extra time to look for work or increase their working hours